Download the full brochure.
Parents often find it difficult to explain the program to people they talk to. We want to make this process as easy as possible for parents to raise funds for their child's education. Here are some helpful tools:
Donation Request Letter
Sometimes parents feel self-concious asking for donations face to face. This sample letter may be the solution to that hurdle.
- Potential In-State Donor
- Potential Out-of-State Donor
Explaining a Credit
- Many taxpayers do not know the difference between a Credit and a Deduction. Here are some helpful points.
- A Credit reduces taxes owed dollar-for-dollar while a deduction reduces taxable income. Taxable income is used to determine the taxes owed. In effect, the benefit of a deduction depends on the tax bracket of the donor. The benefit of a Deduction ranges from 0% to 5% of the donation. The benefit of a Credit is 100%.
- How do I know if I am paying Arizona Taxes?
- Look at Line 40 of Arizona Tax Form 140. If that number is greater than 0, you pay Arizona Income Tax.
- What does Arizona Tax Liability mean?
- Simply put, if you pay income taxes to Arizona, you have an Arizona Tax Liability.
Incorporated in 1999, School Tuition Association of Yuma, Inc. (STAY) is an AZDOR certified Corporate STO (School Tuition Organization) and is a tax-exempt charitable organization pursuant to section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. (EIN #86-0947351)
Learn More About Donating